Bord na Móna is launching a search for pubs with the cosiest firesides across the country. If you think your pub fits the bill you could win the opportunity to host an intimate acoustic Hearth Session featuring a special blend of some of Ireland’s finest musical talent.
Supported by the Vintners Federation of Ireland, pubs across the country are invited to compete to host one of three hotly anticipated Hearth Sessions in early December. Once all entries have been received, voting will kick off on the Bord na Móna Fuels Facebook page where publicans will be encouraged to drum up as much local support as they can muster to secure one of these incredible fire-side intimate gigs.
Once the social media comments have been counted, Bord na Móna will help the winning pubs to celebrate by hosting their very own Hearth Session, featuring acoustic sets around the fire, from Little Hours, Stephanie Rainey and Ye Vagabonds. The winning pubs will depend solely on social media votes so make sure to get liking and voting to secure a Hearth Session in the cosy surroundings of your local.
How to enter
- Visit the Bord na Móna Fuels Facebook page (http://bit.ly/1QbckJ9) and hero your hearth.
- To be in with a chance, comment on their Facebook Hearth Sessions competition post by including pictures of your cosy fire and tell Bord na Móna what’s so unique about your pub and why it’s the perfect place for an intimate fireside gig.
- Be as creative as you like as ten of the pub entries, of Bord na Mona’s choosing, will feature in an article on the ie. So put your best foot forward and you could benefit from some free publicity in Ireland’s leading online news destination.
- The closing date for entries is the 8thof November.
- All entries will then be subjected to a public vote to choose the final three pubs to host a Hearth Session in early December.
- Pubs must have a real fire and they must have ample space to host a gig. Terms & Conditions apply so make sure your pub meets the necessary requirements to host a Hearth Session.
Dublin duo All Tvvins, will headline the first intimate acoustic set on Wednesday 22nd November against the backdrop of an inviting Bord na Móna fire in the Parlour at Whelan’s. Their deftly executed take on modern rock and pop has seen them sell-out The Olympia. They will be complimented by Donegal band Little Hours, one of the breakthrough acts of the 2017 Festival circuit. Cork singer song writer Stephanie Rainey, who’s heart-stopping song “Please Don’t Go” catapulted her to worldwide media attention overnight, and the unique blend of harmonic folk music with a traditional Irish influence of Ye Vagabonds complete the steller line up. This is an exclusive, invite only event, but some lucky fans will have the chance to win tickets by getting involved through the Bord na Móna Facebook page www.facebook.com/bordnamonafuels.